7.05.2005

Hi friends,

I am going to post this email from Kerri for those of you who also read that blog. We are having trouble with hers, so I want to put this out there for those who have been following along with her story:

OK, i don't know how to "share" this news without just typing it out in black and white. The results are in from my liver biopsy and it is melanoma. I know you have questions, and i do too! We're setting up appointments to go talk with the "earthly powers that be" at MDA and i will see what chariots and horses they have to offer. But i gotta tell you that...that's not where my faith is. So, please keep praying, as i know you have been and i will e-mail you after my Dr.s appointment which is tomorrow and Thursday. My main concern is Carlee and Jolee and that i be as honest as I can without scaring them, so join me in prayer for that, please. Will i sound ungracious if I ask you not to call? There is NO privacy at our little apartment and I will promise to e-mail you when i know anything at all, besides what you already know. Thank you for loving us and respecting our lives. I am fine, no better than fine. I am blessed beyond imagination with the peace and faith that is His gift to anyone who desires it.

Putting my faith in the Ultimate Physician, i remain,
Kerri


Last week I went to Houston to spend time with these precious ladies: Kerri, her daughters, Carlee & Jolee, and her mom, "Mimi" or Marilyn. The girls (C&J) and I had slumber parties at my hotel room, swam, went to Astroworld, ice-skating, watched movies, and swam some more. We had a fantastic week, but this week will be a bit different. Please join me in praying for them as they hear this news and prepare for the next steps. I typically would never do this, but... there has also been a fund set up for them through Highland. If you have a few extra dollars burning a hole in your pocket, then this would be an excellent way to bless a family in need. I'd be happy to share more info. about that with anyone who is interested.

What a gift it is to be a part of the body of Christ!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Thanks so much for posting that update. I am so glad to hear that Kerri is optimistic and knows that the Lord is faithful! I'm thankful to hear that she is open to receiving healing and believes with all her heart that the Lord is the Great Physician. If I post a comment on Kerri's blog, will the email go straight to her?