11.08.2004

Last night I participated in my first Taize worship. I first heard of it after seeing it advertised at Trinity Pres in Nashville, and always wondered what it was. Then I saw that Highland has them once a month on Sunday nights, and called to find out exactly what it was. If someone had described Taize to me as the latest and greatest new worship style, I'm not sure I would have bought into it. However after finding out the history behind it, there was a greater significance in participating. My favorite part of the evening was the readings of scripture: the Lord speaking to Abraham, Moses, and Joshua, and a couple of psalms. Typically when scripture is read in a church service, you are listening to see how it relates to the sermon or what you can get from it. But the Old Testament is a great compilation of stories passed down through generations. And sitting last night and listening to God speaking to His children made these stories come alive. This is how they were supposed to be heard. If there is a Taize service near you, I highly recommend checking it out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what is taize
where do you find out about it ?
email me any sites that would help
p.s it's bobo the anonymous dog