1.17.2005

I hate that it took such a devastating tragedy to get me to blog again, but oh well. Tonight I petition your prayers. A suburban full of Highland youth group kids, mostly or all middle schoolers, turned over on the way back to Abilene from Dallas. One young boy, Brody Bourland, was killed. Many others were injured, including one who was life-flighted to Cooks Children's Hospital in Ft. Worth, and a few others were taken there later. One of the boys injured was Chris Cope, son of Mike Cope. He is in Cooks with broken ribs. And that is really all I know right now. I'm sure over the next few days and weeks, Mike will update his blog with better information. (See below for Mike's site.) Please be praying for the Bourland family, Jim Hinkle & Sarah Campbell (youth ministers), and all of the Highland youth group and their families.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Katharine Marie Riggs, do you ever check your email???!!! I keep waiting for the confirmation, but you have not picked up your email card, and you need to do so... immediately! love ya' -Kathryn Ann Earles