6.22.2005

Lane girls


Lane girls
Originally uploaded by princesskt82.
I'd like to begin by giving a shout-out to Jennifer and Katey... "Sorry it took me so long to post. The post I was working on just seemed pointless when I finished it, and this one is much more important than that one. Thanks for your encouragement!"

This picture is of my dear friends & sisters, the Lanes. From L to R it is Carlee, Kerri, and Jolee. My mom took this cutie picture of them just before Kerri left for surgery in Houston. You may recall from my last post my writing about babysitting some angels... and here they are. I wasn't lying, was I?

Next Monday, June 27th, I am flying to Houston to stay with the Lane girls for a few days. Kerri's doctors decided to give her a treatment for her melanoma called Interferon, and it requires her to live in Houston until mid-July. However today Kerri received some different news. They have found some "unidentified spots" on her liver and in the nodules of her breasts from some recent scans. Her doctor will biopsy these spots soon, but she has had to put her current treatments on hold. The decision to even go through with the Interferon took a few weeks for the doctors to decide, and now that these treatments have been put on hold, she is entering another period of waiting.

Waiting periods are hard enough for anyone, but sweet Kerri is having to put on a brave face as a single mom with her 2 young daughters. Kerri truly delights in the Lord and continues to blow me (and everyone else) away by her strength and faith during this time of trial. Please join me, my family, and our family of faith at Highland as we petition the Lord for our sister. Also I humbly ask for your prayers, as my time with them next week will be so special, but also very difficult.

We wait in hope for the Lord; he is our help and our shield. In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name. May your unfailing love rest upon us, O Lord, even as we put our hope in you.
Psalm 33:20-22

1 comment:

Katey said...

I love how you take the time to comment on other's blogs but don't actually post on your own. Katieriggs, this is how I keep up with you... you're letting me down here friend. Talk to you soon!