11.21.2005

It has started.

This afternoon, while browsing for some q-tips at the Super W, I heard a grandma say to her granddaughter, "Be good, Santa's comin'." She had the sweetest, most Texas grandmotherly tone, but it struck me as silly and got me thinking as I decided between walmart-brand and Johnson & Johnson. What if I told a child in my kindest, most Katie-like voice, "Be good, Jesus is comin'." Wouldn't that be a little more accurate? But you have to admit, it sounds a lot more ridiculous. To all of you parents out there, please test this on your child for me and let me know how it goes.

4 comments:

Sue said...

I'd go with the wal-mart brand. They're exactly the same.

Sue said...

I'd love to go to lunch, but I'm using my lunch breaks to take naps. Things will be okay, I'm just ready for this week to be over. I'll talk to you later.

Jennifer said...

Two months later, I'm still checking the blog daily. Sometimes I ask myself, "Why?"

You and your mom should start a club for compulsive non-updaters. Or something.

Katey said...

I second that. Katieriggs, the Christmas season has come and gone, yet I still check your blog wondering what has "begun." POST ALREADY!!!