2.23.2006

To all of my sweet friends, beloved family, and others who lurk on this blog: I need to share something very sad and extremely good with you tonight.

My friend Kerri Lane died this evening. My girls are without a mother, and I cannot imagine what pain tomorrow is going to bring. I was so honored to get to put them to bed this evening and spend some time talking with them before I left them with their Mimi. A new bed was brought in for Kerri today, and Jolee mentioned that she wouldn't get to sleep on it. So with smiles on our faces, we discussed what her new bed must be like, and what it must be made of. We decided it was either wool or clouds. My heart is breaking over and over again- but friends, she was in such pain. I am so grateful that she is HOME and is in no more pain. She is once again the bright and happy Kerri she always was. It was time, and thank you Lord for taking her to be with you.

I know I will write more in the coming days about this. Over the past months I have asked for your prayers for this family. Once again I ask that you pray for these girls, their Mimi, and their dad. I pray that God will bless Mimi and Tony with wisdom and strength; I pray for boldness and softness of heart for Carlee, who is being the strong one; and I pray for peace and understanding for Jolee, who doesn't understand what has just happened.

6 comments:

Katey said...

Oh Katie... I don't have anything that I can say. Just know that I am crying with you, and praying for YOU too. There is no one who can minister to and love those girls more- I'm so thankful they have you in this time. I love you and if there is anything I can do- just let me know.

Katherine said...

Thank you for being a bright light in those little girls lives-they are going to need that for quite awhile, and I am thankful they have someone like you for this time.

You are precious-I love you and will be praying for those girls as they go through this difficult time.

megs said...

hey friend. man, my heart hurts for those two girls, and for you and all who loved kerri so dearly, and those who love the girls so much. i know what it's like to be a kid left behind. it sucks, hurts and doesn't make sense, no matter how much it does in your head...i love you and am thinking a lot about you and the girls and her family. blessings today...i hope.

Beverly said...

I am so glad you can be there for the girls. I pray for you and all those who were close to Kerri. You are being His hands right now.

Candy said...

Katie - you're in my prayers. Hold them close. They need you. And I think you may need them too.

Candy said...

I loved finally meeting you yesterday, Katie. I hope we can get to know each other. You did an amazing job.