2.28.2005

Hi guys... today I am posting to once again petition your prayers. My dad has been in the hospital since late Saturday night, because of a tumor the doctors found in his abdomen. My mom is doing a great job of keeping updated information on her blog, so I will let you get all of the information there (her link is "Mom" under "Good Readin").

Because my dad was admitted around midnight on Saturday, I didn't go to bed until around 2am, then didn't get to sleep until about 3:45am. Then I had to be at church the next morning at 7:45am to warm up with my praise team. Once people at church found out about my dad, they said, "Why are you here?!? What are you doing here??" And though I was very tired and anxious about my dad, there was no place on Earth I would have rather been. At first I tried not to cry in front of people, but when we were up singing "My Only Hope Is You" the tears started streaming. Too often we go to church and put on our happy face mask, but yesterday was not the morning to do that. I was surrounded by my brothers and sisters and prayed over again and again, then later was able to carry those prayers and love back to my parents. How do people deal with tragedy and grief outside of the body of Christ?

Thank you so much for your prayers and I will post again soon with an update.

3 comments:

David Scott said...

KT,

You and your family are in our prayers. Not much more I can say that hasn't been said by other people that love you. Just know that a hug from them is a hug from us. We'll be in touch...

David and Whitney

Katherine said...

Hey chica-I am definitely in prayer on behalf of your father-I pray that God continues to guide His healing hand over him and your whole family-I love ya babe!! :-)

Karen said...

I totally understand that desire to be with your church family in times like these!

Praying you will still feel His peace as you wait for more news.