3.07.2005

Belly laughs are some of my favorite moments in life. I consider myself to be a pretty silly, ridiculous person, so I laugh often, but rarely does a good, hearty belly laugh come out. Since arriving in Nashville the belly laughs just keep on comin'.

Today was a very relaxing day. I introduced Katey to the amazing Puffy Muffin, which was fabulous. This afternoon I spent time with one of my favorite people, mentor, and second father; we had great conversation about ministry and life. I am a blessed girl to have experienced ministers in my life who will sit and talk with me about the journey and adventures of life in ministry. Tonight I been treasuring time with my girls in B-5. It really makes me excited for Kaylynn (and hopefully Megan) to join me in Abilene in the fall. In the midst of joking and laughter tonight, it seems that I have been conned into leading Bible majors chapel at Lipscomb on Friday. I led it once last year, but my sources tell me that there are less people this year and the most riveting sermon came from a guy who struggles with English and told mostly jokes. Surely I can compete with that. Last time I spoke I read my favorite children's book, "Pageland," and that went over pretty well. I think finding spiritual application in "Walter, the Farting Dog," another literary success, would be a stretch, so I better visit Davis-Kidd tomorrow to find something else. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

I'd like to give a shout-out to Kaylynn, who is turning the big 2-3 tomorrow. We will be celebrating at Mafioza's with 2-for-1's.... slices of pizza, that is. Hope your day tomorrow is a blessing to you. Whatever it may hold, may you rejoice and be glad in it.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

How about some wisdom from Father Tim for your devotional talk? Or there is the ever sage Mary Engelbreit! Like..."there is a choice you have to make in everything you do; but remember, the choice you make....makes you!" Awesome, huh? Good luck! Love, Mom