3.06.2005

I have not been in Nashville 48 hours, and already it has been well worth the 13 hours in the car with my dear friend Brad. Friday night I came home to B-5 (my apartment for a blessed year and a half) and my sweet girlfriends who live here. Saturday morning Kaylynn and I took a walk around Green Hills: went to the bank, the library, and the post office. Then we had some Baja Burrito for lunch, where we saw Twila Paris! Thankfully Kaylynn is like me and doesn't go crazy when she sees celebrities, so we just smiled to ourselves and kept eating our chicken tacos. Also saw some ACU guys there. Random. Saturday afternoon Kaylynn went out with a friend, so I had some time to myself. My Nashville family, the Grays, loaned me their extra car for my time here. Now you may be thinking to yourself- "wow! an extra car?!?" This is the car that their daughters REFUSE to be driven to school in. It's a silver Lincoln that the girls call "the herse." But it's actually pretty luxurious, and I am just grateful to have wheels while I'm here. Saturday night we went to Chili's for some dinner. I know, I come all the way to Nashville to eat at Chili's? But my good friend and upcoming artist, Alan, was working and i wanted to see him. So that was fun. Then we went to Brad's house and watched Lost in Translation.

This morning I went to Woodmont for their second service. Last time I was here, back in October, when I walked in the door, my thought was "I'm home!!!" But this time I felt like a visitor. Even though I was swarmed by my beloved brothers and sisters, it made me realize that Highland is becoming more and more like my home. So that was good. But it was still great to be with some of the families that are such a special part of my life, and to see the kids that helped shape me as a children's minister. After service I went over to Otter Creek to meet Jessica, my best sister who I got to know in Australia. We had some lunch at the ever-yummy Mazatlan!! Then this afternoon I have been visiting with Katey Earles, who has recently moved to Nashville from her hometown of Abilene.

I have about 3 hours until my next set of plans begin, and a nap is sounding good. Hope everyone out there is enjoying your spring breaks as much as I am enjoying mine.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

It was good to talk to you tonight from sunny Hendrick Hospital...home of Mark and Debbie's spring vacation! I'm so glad you are having fun and seeing all your beloved friends and families and eating at all your favorite places. Enjoy it...when you get back, it's back to Mom's cooking! Love you sweet girl!

Katherine said...

So glad to hear that you are having such a great time-I know how great it feels to go "home"-I am there right now and lovin' it!! Tell Twila hello for me ;-)