5.07.2005

Thank you to everyone who has read and/or posted comments on my blog over the past few weeks. If you look at my previous posts, you will notice that I never receive many comments. So it came as quite a surprise when I found out that another website had listed my site on their forum. All of the comments have been both encouraging and challenging to me, and I appreciate the time each of you took to share your heart.

This past week I have been in California at Pepperdine for a couple of conferences. On my flight to Malibu last Saturday, I began working on a new post. I decided to write about relationships. Don’t worry, I wasn’t going to give dating advice, I just thought I’d share how relationships have shaped the last few weeks of my life. After typing for a bit on a Word document, it went to 2 pages. I love to read blogs, but when people put super-long posts on their sites, my eyes tend to cross and I give up! So I’ve decided save your corneas and to just share my stories from the past month one post at a time. They will not be in chronological order (I am too random for that), but I promise to write more than once a month.

On April 16th I traveled to my hometown of Temple to help throw a “personal” shower for one of my best friends from high school, Carrie. This was my first bridal shower to help throw, and boy was it personal. (I don’t really understand the fun of throwing personal, a.k.a. lingerie, showers for women who are already in a sexual relationship with their fiancĂ©… this one was such a blast because of Carrie’s strong commitment of purity to her Lord.) Anyway, during this short weekend I stayed with and spent time with my other best girlfriend (since 3rd grade!), Erin. Carrie is getting married in May, and Erin is marrying her high school sweetheart in October. Both of these men are crazy about their brides-to-be and even crazier about the Lord. I am very honored to be a bridesmaid in both weddings and to be a part of such a significant event in their lives. However it only makes me more grateful for these last few times of hanging out as single girls. We have so many silly and precious memories from church events, camps, choir classes, musicals, and Friday night slumber parties. Though we have moved in different directions since graduating in 2000, my relationship with these young women is still very special to me and I pray that it will continue to thrive through the years ahead.

Next up: Goodbye, Bob & Becky

2 comments:

The 405 Experience said...

Heeeeeeeey Katie! I love it when you update. How was pepperdine? You were right...i'm sorry i ever doubted you...this thing is better than xanga...have a great weekend

Anonymous said...

admit it you loved my comments the best ya big dork