5.22.2006

update #3:

A few weeks ago now I wrapped up my 3rd and final semester of graduate school. I have 20 hours in the Graduate School of Theology, and I have no regrets about any of those hours. However I am not going to continue in the program at this time. This decision can be summarized in two words: peace and passion. Over the past few months I have been somewhat focused on bringing more peace into my life. As much as I have enjoyed my classes, I find that they bring more stress and unrest into my life than peace. I also lacked the passion. I didn’t realize this until I began to live with Kaylynn. She’s not a paper-writing nerd, but she finds great excitement in her classes and enjoys the challenge. I cringe when I see the piles of books she drags in. And though I agonized over this decision, I experienced a great peace once I made it, which I attribute to the Lord. I am now looking forward to staying at work for the whole day (not having to leave 4 out of 5 days a week), darkening the doors of Hendrick Health Club more often, and reading books that aren’t assignments (I’m open to suggestions, by the way). Who knows- maybe my extra time will inspire me to blog more!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

I loved your blog comment!!! Katie, you totally have to come stay with me if you come this way!